Well, this fall I turned DOMESTIC. Turns out that pesky apple tree in the backyard, had some top notch apples on it, so we started picking, and picking, and picking.... and we picked a kitchen trashcan FULL and 4 full grocery bags. Danny and I made some super tasty apple sauce, and then I also dried some apples, which turns out if you call them "apple chips" Kelli will actually eat them. Also, Michelle's mother in law gave her a HUGE box of plums, so we made some plum jam which was rather tasty as well. Apparently my mom use to made the best plum jam when we lived in California but, obviously she stopped when I was little cause I think they are all crazy... my mom does canning but I've never seen her do jam. There are too many witnesses for this to be false that she made the "best plum jam EVER!" Which is a quote I've heard hundreds and hundreds of times! My brothers have all said that the plum jam "took them back to their childhood"..... well, I'm glad! Its so tasty, and it was so easy.... It always looked so hard to do so I never wanted to try, but now I've got this canning stuff down.
10.25.2009
Turning DOMESTIC
Well, this fall I turned DOMESTIC. Turns out that pesky apple tree in the backyard, had some top notch apples on it, so we started picking, and picking, and picking.... and we picked a kitchen trashcan FULL and 4 full grocery bags. Danny and I made some super tasty apple sauce, and then I also dried some apples, which turns out if you call them "apple chips" Kelli will actually eat them. Also, Michelle's mother in law gave her a HUGE box of plums, so we made some plum jam which was rather tasty as well. Apparently my mom use to made the best plum jam when we lived in California but, obviously she stopped when I was little cause I think they are all crazy... my mom does canning but I've never seen her do jam. There are too many witnesses for this to be false that she made the "best plum jam EVER!" Which is a quote I've heard hundreds and hundreds of times! My brothers have all said that the plum jam "took them back to their childhood"..... well, I'm glad! Its so tasty, and it was so easy.... It always looked so hard to do so I never wanted to try, but now I've got this canning stuff down.



No comments:
Post a Comment